…and other wedding musings. Wedding planning is kind of like balancing on the thinnest tightrope you’ve ever seen in your life. A skillful balance of fiance, families (2 or more in many cases), friends and a myriad of other factors. Just when you think you have everything perfectly balanced, something gets thrown in the mix and you’re teetering on the edge. True story. Right now, i feel quite balanced. My checklist of “dones” includes:
- Groom – GOT HIM! After 4 years of dating, he felt bad for me and popped the question I KID I KID. But he’s the best and the reason for all the craycray planning…
- Venue (which includes food, we will have the tasting closer to the wedding) this I am keeping a ‘secret’ for privacy reason, but the venue is in lower Manhattan.
- Band recommended by JBo, many thanks, gorgeous!! (http://www.therhythmshop.com/)
- Photographer - (http://www.anthonyvazquez.com/) OBSESSED, you have to check out his work and let me know what you think!!
- Videographer (http://www.kissthebridefilms.com/)
- Florist (small, independent florist, please email me if you would like her information, she’s wonderful!)
- Dress – secretttt
- Bridesmaid Dresses (http://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm-Occasions)
- Hair – (http://www.latelierbymorganandpaul.com/) they have done my hair for 4 years, love them to pieces & bits.
- Bachelorette Destination & date!!- (http://www.neworleanscvb.com)
Sooo there’s still that honeymoon to book…hopefully i’ll have some exciting news in the next two weeks on this one…in the meantime, don’t forget to keep those suggesitons comin…
But now some fun stuff. So I live in NYC. The mecca of wedding dresses. I was lucky enough to have the fashion world at my finger tips when I went wedding dress shopping. So without further adieu, I present:
SAY NO TO THAT DRESS (note: I love all of these dresses in their own way, they are all gorgeous and fabulous. i just didn’t choose them, they weren’t “MY” dress. so please don’t misinterpret my intentions)
I walked in with a tude. The place was too big for me. I was worried I would end up accidentally featured in the background of the show. The only reason I went was a friend had a consultant she highly reccomended who was very ‘un-Kleinfelds’ and they have one of the largest selections in the city. I had a BAD ATTITUDE about Kfelds. Unfortunately, despite going into the back room and looking through the dresses myself (which they let everyone do, don’t let the show fool you ) nothing here even came close to being what I was looking for. THAT SAID, my consultant, JJ was fantastic. I highly recommend her. And the selection is fabulous. You can’t beat their volume. Plus Joan was actually very lovely when we came in she thought I wasn’t getting the consultant i was promised and came to talk to me personally and apologize. Turned out JJ was there, Joan was just busy and harried
(will add images, check back!)
Walking into her store, I thought I would find my dress here. No, I knew. I was positive based on the tons of images I had
stalked seen on wedding blogs and in magazines that Vera’s dresses were my “style”. They were gorgeous….
Some were bigger
Some were almost the dress...
Here is the dress feature on MY PHOTOGRAPHER’S BLOG! on one of his gorgeous brides.
My photographer is one of the things I am MOST excited about in terms of my wedding! (obviously aside from MARRYING my ridiculously amazing fiance I am talking about vendors/fabulous aspects of the wedding that are unrelated to love, of course)
That dress was gorgeous, so beautiful on her, just not right for me. In the end I went with something slightly more classic. You’ll have to wait for September to find out I suppose?
Despite how amazing and fantastic weddings and their planning can be, they can also be quiet a delicate dance which is not always rainbows and roses. Can I get an amen?? So tell me, love-ahss, do you have any wedding planning advice/stories/gripes etc? From your own personal experience or that of others? Help a sistahh out