So this weekend was somewhat of a foodie weekend. Or supposed to be. I looked at menus, planned my attack, really thought I had some delicious-ness in store for me. And I did, in some respects. I don’t want to slam either restaurant…but I found myself feeling very BLAH Sunday, when I’m usually amped up to share my ‘wares’ (new restaurant experiences) with friends & family…
Extremely, extremely disappointing. I hate writing ‘bad’ reviews, so I will in a non-eloquent way skip to the nitty-gritty.
- We were seated late and had to wait at the bar which isn’t ideal, but the service at the bar was mediocre to say the least…
- When we were finally seated, we waited forever for a menu and a waiter
- When we finally ordered, we waited a long time for our appetizers
- When we finally got out entrees (which took a very long time after our appetizers/having already waited a long time we were not thrilled..) my Swordfish was cold and poorly cooked. Sh*t happens. But here’s where it got unfortunate. I really do not complain at restaurants. I don’t send things back. But cold Swordfish that is hard to cut is hardly acceptable. I told them it was cold and they kind of seemed perplexed, like did I actually want them to DO something about it. Uhm…yes por favor? So I nicely asked for them (after they asked ME what I WOULD LIKE THEM TO DO) to bring me a new dish, cooked properly. What they brought back was apparently my dish, re-cooked. And the chorizo the swordfish came with was on the side, half-eaten since I had taken a bite before sending it back. My jaw definitely dropped open…
- I don’t think I need to go into the rest of the meal. They hardly seemed too concerned, it took a VERY long time so get a new Swordfish dish and they gave us “free sorbet/ice cream” at the end which to be honest? I didn’ t want anyway…So that was very underwhelming.
So on that note….! ON TO THE:
MEAT. I was slightly disappointed in the Breslin’s food, but more because of all the hype. Service was great, shout out to our waiter with the 1,000 ear piercings, he was a very cool plaid-clad dude. My only beef with him was when I asked how the lamb burger was he replied “Well, I mean it’s been on TV.” To which I replied “Mc Donald’s burgers are also features on TV” 🙂 But all in good fun, he was a great waiter and we enjoyed our meat-y celebration.
- Terrine Board (featured above) this was actually delicious. I’m not a terrine fan but I found them all to be extremely well done and not salty as often this manner of food (terrine/pate) tend to be for me
- Lamb Scrumpets: delicious, but what isn’t really good fried…
- Beef & Stilton Pie: like a little baby pot pie. With beef. MMM.
- Lamb Burger & Mackerel: M & I split the lamb burger and the mackerel. The mackerel was a mistake, but that would be my mistake for ordering fish in a plan that tauts it’s full pig carved table-side as a must have. So the fish was nothing great, and unfortunately the lamb burger was EXTREMELY salty. And I like my sodium. The taste was there, but it just didn’t work together.
- Stuffed Pig Leg: Yes, my carnivorous Father & Brother tucked into this together and found it delicious but…salty. Seemed sodium was the theme of the night….?
I suggest the drinks & apps at the Breslin. The apps are extremely well executed, but I just didn’t feel the main courses had me running back for dinner….
I did also work out, I swear. I enjoy a fantastic REFINE METHOD class with the lovely Dori. But I think I will separate the meat and sweat since this post is getting rather lengthy….Oh and bridesmaid dresses have also been officially finalized. Stay tuned 🙂
Tell me. Am I a beyotch? (really, shoot me straight!) What would YOU have expected would have been Fishtag’s reaction to the swordfish situation…?